Clinical Supervisor - Associates in Family Medicine
Associates in Family Medicine, P.C. was founded in 1962 by Dr. Donald Wells. Since then, AFM has grown to nine full-service offices and more than 70 medical providers throughout Northern Colorado.
What do we stand for?
No matter why they come to see us, our patients want a convenient, wholehearted approach to health. That means a consistent experience they can count on and peace of mind, regardless of where they go or who they see. At AFM, we believe every body deserves exceptional care with every visit. We deliver compassion both in the office and out. We truly value our patients and their time. That’s why we actively listen to and talk with them, as well as our team members. And we not only offer comfort and clarity, but build honest, lasting patient relationships that put every mind at ease.
Empowering our staff to deliver compassionate, convenient healthcare and advocate well-being and peace of mind throughout your neighborhood – always.
Benefits & Pay Overview
AFM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees!
· Full-time Employees:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability
· Part-time and Full-time Employees:
o Life Insurance (with AD&D), Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Plans, and a generous 401(k)
· This is an exempt position with a starting salary of $48,887 – $62,917 annually based on experience and credentials.
Add at the bottom of the JD add this line:
The pay scale for this position is based on performance with a minimum at $ annually/per hour and a maximum of $ annually/per hour guided by tenure at Associates in Family Medicine.
This employee provides leadership to services provided by the AFM Community Care Clinical Support Staff and work in conjunction with other managers/leaders at AFM to continually improve these services to provide excellence in patient-centered healthcare. The employee must be compassionate, helpful, and understanding yet also very efficient, accurate, and friendly. This position requires specific medical knowledge, technical skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude in a team-based environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Active participation as a member of the AFM Clinical Leadership Team.
· Work collaboratively with AFM Shareholders, Executive Board, providers, Administrative Team, leaders, facilities, and staff to maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive work environment.
· Present to and effectively communicating with the AFM Shareholders, Executive Board, providers, Administrative Team, leaders, facilities, and staff.
Human Resource Management
· Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training; planning, assigning, and directing work of supervised employees; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, resolving problems, and dismissals in accordance with the AFM’s policies and applicable laws.
· Lead and support direct reports through effective communication, clarification of roles and responsibilities, and establish priorities and expected outcomes.
· Mentor and coach direct reports in support of achieving established goals and outcomes.
· Investigate and resolve procedural and personnel problems and/or complaints in a timely manner.
· Support an atmosphere of innovation, evolution and growth by evaluating new process models, technology, software and analytics.
· Act as provider-management liaison and support person as needed.
· Maintain consistent standards and practices across all AFM offices.
· Participate in disciplinary actions, investigations, interventions, and terminations as needed.
Miscellaneous Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
· Able to work the minimum number of hours required for the position which could include any operating hours of the clinics and facilities (potential for evening and weekend hours).
· Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to all AFM Policies.
· Ensure highest levels of patient satisfaction.
· Maintain knowledge of EMR including documentation and navigation in medical records.
· Maintain the highest standard of personal ethics. Follow through with or transfer care for all services provided by AFM.
· Attend focus groups, committee meetings, all staff meetings, office huddles, TOC/SNF/ALF, and any other meetings as necessary.
· Promote provider satisfaction, appropriate conduct, staff harmony, and efficient and effective workflows.
· Follow documented workflows when working in the EMR.
· Triage CCT patients via telephone, fax, and in person and relay recommended treatment.
· Support and fill-in for CCT Clinical Support Staff following all duties and responsibilities outlined.
· Work with the rounding providers to coordinate in-person or virtual CSS coverage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certified Medical Assistant (or higher) and two (2) years’ experience in Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living Facilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One (1) year of experience at AFM preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS, and EMR system.
· Demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, managers, patients, shareholders, and the general public.
· Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
· Demonstrate the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists; and make sound business decisions based on available facts.
· Demonstrate the ability to work well with people and to remain calm and be effective in emergency situations.
· Possess sound judgment and be able to use a persuasive style of management when accomplishing things through people. Exhibit behavior which emphasizes quality, loyalty, and conscientiousness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Medical Office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility required of the employee. This job description may change over time. The pay scale for this position is based on credentials and performance with a minimum at $48,877 annually and a maximum of $95,752 annually guided by tenure at Associates in Family Medicine.