Chief People Officer - Blue Federal Credit Union
Blue employees work hard, have fun and win for our members! The Chief People Officer (CPO) position is located in Cheyenne, WY. The CPO is responsible for providing strategic leadership of talent, workplace engagement, leadership development, culture, and change management across Blue Federal Credit Union. In addition, the Chief People Officer will apply his or her enterprise-minded experience to elevate and optimize the human resources function to support the growth objectives and development goals of our evolving and values-driven organization. Adept in general management skills, the CPO turns talent management into an instrument of business transformation to advance strategy, develop agile leaders, and coalesce culture. We welcome a forward-thinking executive who is energized by the prospect of perfecting the full life-cycle of the employee experience with a passion of providing others with the tools and roadmaps for success. Additional duties include:
- Instilling a culture of compliance with and integrity at every level of the organization.
- Scan the external environment to anticipate business and talent-related opportunities and challenges. Advise the CEO and executive leadership team on trends and conditions that support or hinder successful implementation of Blue’s differentiation strategy and business model innovation
- Drive efficiencies and engage the workforce through innovations in technology solutions.
- Ensure the transactional aspects of HR are well executed in a world of fast-moving and changing expectations of employees. Transform HR processes through application of neuroscience of top performance, technology, and data analytics to drive effective decision making, anticipate workforce needs, support learning, and manage performance.
- Transform traditional HR practices into powerful competitive advantages aligned with the credit union’s differentiation strategy and business model.
- Develop Blue’s leadership pipeline for agility, creativity, courageous leadership, and continuous innovation.
- Create compelling engagement and retention strategies, offering a one-of-a-kind employee experience connected to Blue’s mission, values, and brand.
- Reshape the organization’s design and rewards structure, anticipating business needs and competitor moves.
- Lead the credit union’s talent acquisition, transformation, and recognition to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Develop a mindful and continually renewing culture that embraces change and drives high performance.
- Cultivate a compelling employer brand, internally and externally, integrating with Blue’s mission and values.
- Align all aspects of the organization around Blue’s mission.
EXPERIENCE – 10 years to 15 years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES – A college degree. Master’s degree preferred.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting multiple departments or divisions. The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of professional diplomacy, trust, and relationship. Obtaining cooperation and agreement (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and an expert level of interpersonal and written communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
OTHER SKILLS – Broad business and financial acumen, including a cross-functional understanding with a P&L orientation Ability to model the desirable attributes of the culture and passionately advocate for them – High degree of emotional intelligence exemplified by self-awareness and empathy to gain trust and commitment necessary for transformative change – Advise the CEO on leadership develop and succession planning – Advise the Board of Directors on CEO succession planning – Well-versed in technology and systems as it relates to the function.
Email: [email protected]