Business Development Manager - The Neenan Company
Reports to CEO Healthcare Division
Seeking a skilled relationship builder to understand client challenges and seek solutions, ultimately selling design-build projects. Successful people are self-starters, able to work collaboratively with a team, identify market forces, and develop leads. This position requires proficient social skills, adept presentation skills, resolve, and commitment.
- Responsible for working with Business Development, Operations and Marketing to support the current niches and create your own design-build opportunities.
- Build relationships with operations staff to effectively collaborate during the sales process.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective and current clients within the healthcare niche.
Work closely with the President, CEO, Director of Marketing and VP of Business Development to identify and close design-build opportunities that fulfil The Neenan Company’s vision and mission.
- Stay abreast of changes within the industry and various markets to develop new business
- Provide offers that solve client’s business problems (understand their business)
- Become a thought leader in your business niche.
- Identify new market opportunities:
- Seek new product types that fit Neenan’s design-build and development opportunities.
- Leverage our knowledge and resources in niches/markets in which we can provide a competitive offer and achieve our profit targets.
- Build and sustain local networks (brokers/consultants/end users) and market knowledge (what is our competition doing).
- Find and qualify prospective clients and projects that complement TNC and its abilities.
- Maintain a list of prospects in a client database.
- Actively “work” referrals and contacts to uncover opportunities.
- Attend selected tradeshows, conferences, and networking events to extend the market’s awareness of TNC.
- Sell TNC as the best contributor to the opportunity and collaborative delivery as the best method of adding value.
- Create solutions to client concerns around financing, land purchase, contract structure, optimization of clinical workflows, provider productivity, etc.
- 5 or more years of business development or healthcare experience. Real estate, architecture, healthcare, healthcare management, finance and/or construction is a plus.
- Capable and willing to prospect, qualify, determine needs, offer solutions, close the sale, and collaborate with both TNC and client teams.
- Build relationships with the decision makers (executive level people)
- Interested in accepting full responsibility for solution implementation and ongoing client satisfaction.
- Sound work ethic, high energy level, and excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Desire to learn.
- BA/BS degree (or advanced degree)
- Positive in attitude, cooperative in demeanor and professional in appearance.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Covid 19 vaccination is required.
- The ability to travel approximately 50% of the time is essential.
One of the nation’s top 100 design-builders, The Neenan Company is rethinking the way buildings are designed and constructed. At Neenan, we bring together professionals of many disciplines to work concurrently, under one roof — entwining design, functionality, and cost — to create cost effective solutions which reflect our client’s identity and respect their strategic and capital goals.
The Neenan Company is searching for the right Business Development professional to join our team. Qualified candidates must have a proven practice of developing leads and relationships that will result in design/build opportunities for the company.
See our job description for more information.
To apply, go to www.neenan.com.