|Title: Banking Associate I, II, III Department: Retail Banking Reports to: Branch Manager Status: Non-Exempt Location: Loveland Branch
Summary The Banking Associate is responsible for performing intermediate duties and support related to office operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assist customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing office clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Banking Associate is also required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of processing customer transactions, vault, safe deposit, processing and boarding DDA lines of credit, discussing and accepting credit applications and is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced Banking Associates.
Primary Responsibilities The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties required in this position. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Employee may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position specific duties.
- Explain, promote, sell and cross-sell products and services of Bank or solicit new business to meet customer needs and/or refer to appropriate resource. Call on current or new customers as required and actively supports the Bank’s outreach activities.
- Actively participate in the Bank’s sales and incentive programs and works toward meeting their loan and deposit growth goals.
- Opens accounts for all banking related services for customers such as checking, savings, CD’s, IRA’s, safe deposit, merchant services, etc.
- Solicit and originate consumer, small business, and mortgage loans. Take loan applications ensuring proper information has been obtained, advise customer on turnaround timeframe, process application, forward for approval/denial, service loans, collect on delinquent loans, etc…
- Provide quality customer service by acknowledging customers immediately upon entering the office; determine customer needs; provide information; cross-sell appropriate products & services; professionally resolve problems, etc…
- Respond to customer requests in person and by telephone providing services such as statements, research, balancing checkbooks, resolving discrepancies, ordering ATM cards and Visa check cards, wires, ordering checks, account maintenance, address changes, direct deposits, safe deposit box entry, etc.
- Process customer transactions (less than 20% of the time) such as cashing checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, etc.; deposit cash and checks received to checking or savings accounts; process transfers; process withdrawals; sell cashier’s checks, etc.; process payments and cash advances; redeem savings bonds; merchant deposits & transactions.
- Ensure proper procedures and policies are followed at all times and obtain required approvals.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions by verifying amounts, signatures, endorsements, balances, computer input, etc.
- Reconcile safe deposit boxes.
- May review overdraft report; assist with cash audits and cash drawer reviews; prepare currency transaction report, monetary instrument logs, notice of funds availability.
- Comply with all national banking laws and regulations; attend and complete all mandatory regulatory and compliance training.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and public relations.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Bank operational policies and procedures and deposit and consumer loan products and services.
- Willingness to cross train and become fully knowledgeable of all Bank functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and experience; secondary education preferred.
- Hours may vary and ability to work some Saturday hours will be necessary.
Guidelines: Banking Associate I: 2 years previous banking experience in a frontline position or equivalent education and experience.
Banking Associate II : 2-3 years banking experience in a frontline position or at least 1 year as Banking Associate I or equivalent education and experience.
Banking Associate III : 3-5 years banking experience and consumer loan or mortgage loan product and services experience. Working conditions
- Fast-paced multiple tasking conditions, high disruption environment.
- Highly concentrated mental and visual alertness
- Normal office conditions including working varied hours and Saturdays
- Standing and/or sitting for hours at a time.
- Listening to and talking to staff or customers all day
- Occasional carrying, reaching, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- PC terminal; Keyboard; Calculator/adding machine; Copy machine; Telephone; Fax; Printer; Scanner
Note This Description is not intended as a contract and First National reserves the right to modify this Description at any time. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this Job Description. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Banking Experience 2-5 Years: 2 years
- High school or equivalent