Associate Director of Economic Development - Larimer County Government
***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST DO SO THROUGH OUR WEBSITE https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colarimerco . WE WILL NOT REVIEW ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ELSEWHERE FOR COUNTY POSITIONS ***
Larimer County is authentic, elevated, inspired, innovative and booming and it’s easy to see why. Support from world-class universities, federal research facilities, a highly-educated workforce, quality infrastructure and an entrepreneurial spirit create a strong economic ecosystem in which communities, companies and individuals thrive.
Regional connectivity and cooperation is a cornerstone of economic development in Larimer County. Northern Colorado has several initiatives underway to enhance economic development, build infrastructure for economic growth and invest in our workforce. Larimer County has integrated economic development and workforce development services to optimize opportunities for upward mobility, wealth generation and economic inclusion. This integrated approach provides the Economic Development Director a unique opportunity to connect businesses to the talent they need and to improve the economic prosperity for all members of our community.
Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development (LCEWD) carefully recruits staff to build on our existing culture of collaboration, respect, inclusiveness, and innovation. We are a department passionate about serving people, businesses, and our community. We believe in having purpose and balance in life and support employee flexibility.
We value the journey and recognize skills can be demonstrated through a variety of professional and personal experiences. We value all types of diversity including race, family status, educational background, ability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender expression, and age.
Specifically this position:
- Executes initiatives and activities to facilitate local business attraction, expansion, and retention, including incentive awareness, conducting business outreach, and providing general economic development assistance.
- Advances the department’s commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout economic development services/programs.
- Builds strong and collaborative partnerships to achieve short-term and long-term goals and objectives and identifies opportunities to advance upward mobility, wealth generation, and economic inclusion for all members of our community.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of various economic development programs and efforts.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to a team of 3-5 staff members for all economic development-related positions, employees, and functions/services within the department.
To view the full job description, visit https://www.larimer.org/hr/careers/job-descriptions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have leadership, strategic development, and management skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive and equitable community.
- Have knowledge of Economic Development programs and services, e.g. Business Retention and Expansion, Attraction, Marketing, Financing, Real Estate, and Workforce Development.
- Have experience with economic and labor market data and analysis.
- Have the ability to build and sustain long-term partnerships.
- Have knowledge of Human Resources and employment practices.
- Have a background in strategy development, organizational leadership, budget oversight, business consulting, entrepreneurial support, team building, and personnel management.
- Have evidence of experience supporting equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Have demonstrated collaboration with community partners.
- Preferably be proficient in English/Spanish.
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economic development, business, economics, marketing, urban planning, public policy or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise required.
- Five (5) years of experience in economic, business or community development, business support or consulting in a related field required.
- Three (3) years of management and leadership experience with primary responsibility over strategy, programs, budgets and personnel required.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term positions:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidays.
To view information on Larimer County’s Benefits, visit https://www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components, including a completed Larimer County Employment Application, resume, and cover letter, must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.