Application Support specialist - Larimer County
The Larimer County Clerk and Recorder is seeking a skilled and experienced individual to join our team as an Application Support Specialist in the Recording Department.
Under the guidance and administrative direction of the Recording Manager, this position is an active member of the Recording Management Team and will be responsible for the Recording Department’s technology needs. As a member of the Recording Management Team, this position is an active participant in assuring the departmental goals and objectives are met.
This is an exciting opportunity in which the successful candidate will provide technical management and operational analysis of department and division programs and systems to keep the department at the cutting edge technologically. This position requires a positive approach to collaborative relationships in the department, with county IT staff, users, and vendors.
The Larimer County Clerk and Recorder Recording Department provides a wide range of services, but primarily focuses on the recordation and retention of all public land records and marriage licensing. Our goal is consistent, exceptional customer service to the citizens of Larimer County.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
The ideal candidate possess the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills.
- Team centric.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Performs duties and meets qualifications as outlined in the full job description. (Link listed below)
- Performs other duties as appropriate and necessary up to and including learning and executing all aspects of the recording process on a continuing basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Familiarity with database concepts, data extraction, and reporting.
- Ability to read and understand applications for diagnosis.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to business applications.
- Familiarity with applications analysis and issue resolution (trouble shooting) skills.
- Strong user and client relationship management skills.
- Proficient written and oral communications with ability to work and provide feedback to coworker, users, supervisor and vendors.
- Technical aptitude to understand assigned applications in sufficient depth to address many customer/user questions..
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, coworkers, and other County employees,
- Knowledge of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
One or more exams will be administered to selected candidates.
- 4 years related applications support or systems support experience,
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business, or related field.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
The position will remain open until filled; however, expediency in applying is suggested. This posting is “Open until filled” and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.
We are excited to have you join our team!
In addition to competitive, market-based pay, Larimer County offers excellent employee benefits for all regular and limited term employees.
Larimer County benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans – mandatory 401(a) & voluntary 457(b)
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Employee Wellness Program
Wellness Clinic (must be enrolled in the County’s medical plan)
- Professional development trainings
Phone: (970) 498-5989
Email: [email protected]