Neighbor to Neighbor is a non-profit housing organization serving Larimer County, Colorado. The Accountant is responsible for management of the organization’s financial procedures and reporting. The position is permanent, full-time, salaried, and includes benefits.
Manage and direct all financial aspects of the organization including financial policies and procedures, payroll, agency insurance policies, budgeting, financial analysis, cash flow management, contract administration, grant compliance, maintenance of accounting records, preparation of financial statements, and facilitation of audits.
This position is responsible for the overall financial planning and management related to operating a property portfolio of housing communities located throughout Fort Collins and Loveland, as well as Housing Counseling Programs to help homeless individuals, renters, and homeowners.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure compliance with Financial Policies and Procedures
• Prepare monthly financial reports
• Provide general ledger oversight, internal audit and accounting reviews of the balance sheet accounts and monthly financial activities
• Oversee the monthly closing process
• Review or prepare monthly bank account reconciliation including the corporate credit card account
• Ensure budget availability and correct account coding for invoices
• Prepare monthly fixed asset entries and reconcile to general ledger
• Oversee and direct annual budgeting activities.
• Monitor bank balances and update organization and property cash flows daily
• Verify insurance compliance with vendors and contractors
• Supervise Bookkeeper who is responsible for data entry for all cash receipts, payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger maintenance
• Participate in the organization’s strategic planning
• Support the annual audit process
• Participate in Rehab Grant requests, complete grant billings, follow Davis-Bacon procedures and reporting when necessary, and assist with Property Sales and Acquisitions
• Maintain files on all grant applications, contracts and reporting, and audits.
• Prepare financial information for quarterly and annual grant reporting
• Maintain payroll files for each employee, complete payroll biweekly, complete
reporting and payment of all payroll taxes, complete background checks for staff
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business administration or related field with a
minimum 3 years professional experience in financial management
• Knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP
• Experience with non-profit accounting and property management is ideal
• Strong critical thinking, and written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detailed and organized
• Adaptable and hard working. Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks
• Strong MS Excel skills on both the logic side (pivot tables, lookups, macros,
formulas) and formatting side, and experience with the other Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Yardi Accounting and Property Management system is ideal and
some Quickbooks experience