ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - WildRock Public Relations & Marketing
Status: Full Time
Compensation: $48k+ based on experience, generous profit-sharing program + bonus opportunities.
Benefits: Health, dental + vision insurance, Simple IRA with 3% match, responsible time off (unlimited), cell phone reimbursement plans + professional development training allowance.
Location: Headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo. with remote, hybrid and flexible work arrangements for Colorado-based candidates.
About WildRock: Established in 2012, WildRock is an award-winning boutique, public relations and marketing firm that rocks results. We offer superior strategies, more imagination, solid media relationships and relentless execution. Our vision is to make our clients ridiculously happy! Our philosophy is simple, work hard, play hard. Get the job done and have fun while doing it. We are professional, positive, and collaborative individuals who respect others, embrace change and are wildly creative! Team members take responsibility for both achieving individual performance expectations and supporting each other to achieve shared outcomes and we are dedicated to building a robust, high-performing team to move with intention and focus as we continue to set the bar for excellence.
Our Purpose: We create a culture where people thrive. We have a profitable, value-driven work environment for our team with innovative offerings. With a genuine enthusiasm for building wildly successful brands, we help clients achieve Rockstar results.
Performance Expectations: WildRock is looking for a full-time account executive to provide public relations and marketing expertise and execution in a highly dynamic agency setting. Reporting to the account director, the account executive will help manage existing client relationships and develop and execute strategic public relations and marketing initiatives. This role works internally and externally in identifying strong news/story angles, developing flawless media content such as press releases, pitches, press kits and more, researching contacts in-depth and building targeted media lists, customizing and personalizing pitches, fostering and maintaining long-term media relationships, delivering impressive media coverage/results consistently, monitoring and tracking coverage, developing key activity reporting, managing client communications and account activity for a variety of clients and helping lead/support new business development.
This position works closely with the management team and clients to develop and execute comprehensive campaigns and proposals, but also operates independently, thinking ahead, anticipating and solving problems as needed and easily manages multiple deadlines (both internal and external) with ease. The account executive will work with internal team members to ensure all projects are high-quality and meet deadlines and budget.
Professional Competencies: Strategic thinking, solutions-oriented, creative, organized, prompt, detail-oriented, project management skills, customer service orientation with conflict resolution skills and a natural relationship builder. Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication, active listening, and the ability to delegate/coordinate tasks with others. Superior business acumen with a team approach to problem-solving and able to thrive in a group environment. Experience with Cision, PR Newswire, CoverageBook and other industry tools ideal.
Conditions of Employment: Full time (40 hours per week/some weeks might be more), willing to travel, reliable transportation.
Required Experience/Proven Track Record In:
- Strong demonstration of building and managing strategic client relationships, leading or helping support client communications when needed.
- Creating client agendas with valuable insight and relevant updates, supporting client recruitment/retention through consistently high performance, managing expectations, and resetting as needed, seeking out upsell/growth opportunities.
- Balancing multiple accounts with ease and developing performance reports showcasing results.
- Leading/supporting new business development activities including research, potential new client communications, presentations with excellent communication and sales skills, proposal development, RFP creation, contracts, etc.
- Seeking out and presenting new leads/RFP to the management team, plus the proven ability to identify client needs through the discovery process as well as ensure WildRock’s success on proposed deliverables based on track record and capabilities.
- Building authentic, long-term, personal relationships with both local and national media contacts (including traditional print, broadcast, radio and online media, influencers, podcasts, etc.), colleagues, clients and community.
- Extensive experience developing results-driven, omnichannel promotions, campaign planning and announcements with the ability to bring creative and strategic ideas based on research, understanding how to incorporate internal team members to cohesively move clients’ goals forward and the ability to quickly understand client industries, competition and past/current coverage.
- Superior professional skills including researching and building targeted media lists (with high response/success rate), maintaining an active, relevant and robust Rolodex of top-tier, national media contacts that could be leveraged right away for immediate results for a variety of clients/industries.
- Developing flawless media content such as press releases, pitches, press kits and more with strong eagle-eye proofing capabilities and excellent AP Style and grammar knowledge.
- Distributing customized and personal media outreach, planning and executing media events and the proven ability to secure desired media placements on behalf of both B2B and B2C clients.
- General knowledge including familiarity with SEO, digital advertising and social media strategy and management, creation and execution, ability to incorporate SEO keywords to increase website traffic and content visibility.
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating media coverage and marketing value on an ongoing basis, using media monitoring tools as well as additional available resources.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of PR and marketing industry trends affecting clients with the ability to make appropriate recommendations.
We’re looking for people with at least 5+ years of experience in public relations and marketing, specifically those with agency experience.
Please submit the following by email, no calls please:
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Portfolio (link preferred)