Academic Interventionist (part time) - Saint Joseph Catholic School
Saint Joseph Catholic School seeks a faith-filled, compassionate Academic Interventionist (AI).
The AI will develop instruction and assess students’ learning in literacy and math instruction.
This person will collaborate with all staff in order to create the best learning environment for
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with students needing additional academic support in order to be successful in the classroom.
- Design and implement intervention instruction for individual students or small groups of students. Use data to inform instruction and engage in collaborative decision making. Collaborate with classroom teachers to enhance intervention instruction.
- Apply knowledge of current standards and research and topics in the areas of reading
and math instruction.
- Demonstrate and maintain productive and positive interpersonal skills.
- Meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Use a variety of formal and informal assessment tools including application and analysis of state and district approved reading assessments such as PALS, KPALS, MAP, Running Analyze STAR data, and work to develop plans for student success.
- Attend meetings with all stakeholders regarding student achievement.
- Create a safe, supportive, and effective learning environment for students.
- Attend all interventionist team training and collaboration sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Take every opportunity to instill the Catholic Church’s Teachings.
Teaching or Interventionist experience preferred. Interested applicants please send resume, cover letter, and references to Mr. Nick Blanco, Principal, 127 N. Howes Street, Fort Collins, CO 80521 or email [email protected].
Phone: (970) 484-1171
Email: [email protected]