2017 Small Business of the Year Awards Breakfast
The Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce has announced 12 finalists for the 2017 Small Business of the Year Awards. Finalists were selected from four different categories including businesses with 1-10 employees, 11-50 employees, 51-200 employees, and New Kid on the Block, celebrating businesses in operation for less than three years. The 2017 Small Business of the Year Awards will be presented on Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 7:30 a.m. at The Drake Center.
The breakfast will feature keynote speaker, Mark Driscoll, Colorado Market President for First National Bank. During Mark’s tenure at the bank, he has served various management and lending roles, and most recently as President of First National Bank’s Colorado.
The finalists for the 2017 Small Business of the Year Awards are:
For the small company category (1-10 employees):
- OnSight Auto Glass – a family-owned certified auto glass company with trained, experienced professionals
- Vern’s Toffee – a family-owned and operated maker of award-winning butter almond toffee, distributed across the United States
For the medium company category (11-50 employees):
- Colorado In Motion – a locally owned business bringing decades of clinical experience together in the physical therapy, occupational therapy, and the industrial health industry
- Flexx Productions – an event rental company providing tents and seasoned expertise for events of any size
- Vaught, Frye, Larson Architects, Inc. – a full capacity architectural firm offering comprehensive design, planning and management services
- Workspace Innovations – a full service commercial interiors and relocation company
For the large company category (51-200 employees):
- Forney Industries – a nationwide leader in the distribution of metal working and welding products into the retail and industrial markets
- Neuworks Mechanical, Inc. – providing commercial and residential services for new construction, remodels, and maintaining current systems
- Women’s Clinic – an OB/GYN medical practice focused on women’s health issues and quality of life
For the New Kid on the Block category (business in operation for less than three years):
- Elevate Chiropractic – a chiropractic office specializing in advanced, neurologically based corrective care for the whole family
- Senior Life Solutions – an in-home service provider enhancing the quality of life of older adults and those who care for them in northern Colorado through professional care management and counseling services
- Valimenta Labs – a nano-technology contract manufacturing company in the dietary supplement, animal feed, food and drink market.
The event kicks off a day of celebrating local small businesses and will continue with the annual Business After Hours Tradeshow from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., also at The Drake Center, 802 W. Drake Road.
Tickets for the awards breakfast are now available for purchase for $25 for individual members, $35 for non-members or $250 for a table of 10. Booth space is also available for the After Hours Tradeshow and both can be purchased through the homepage or by calling (970) 482-3746.
The Small Business of the Year Awards are underwritten by First National Bank, Kaiser Permanente, Adams Bank & Trust, Blue Federal Credit Union, Comcast , Hunt, Spillman & Associates, P.C., Mantooth Company, Total Facility Care, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and Sign-A-Rama.
Date: Thursday, May 25th
Location: Drake Centre 802 W. Drake Rd.