2023/24 Fort Collins City Budget
The Fort Collins City Manager’s proposed budget for 2023-24 was published on September 2, 2022 kicking-off two months of public engagement and council discussions culminating in an ordinance formalizing the budget that goes into effect January 1, 2023 (calendar below).
The budget process – called Budgeting for Outcomes – actually began with Council adoption of the 2022 Strategic Plan. The budget process requires all budget items be aligned with the city’s Strategic Plan. City staff submitted budget offers for consideration earlier this year in March and April.
The Fort Collins Chamber has been and will be following the budget process closely and making sure the business community voice is represented.
2023-24 Budget process dates
- May – Sep, 2022 Public Engagement to inform Recommended Budget
- Sep 2 City Manager’s Recommended Budget published
- Sep 13 Council Work Session #1
- Sep 20 Council Meeting – Public Hearing #1
- Sep 27 Council Work Session #2
- Oct 4 Council Meeting – Public Hearing #2
- Oct 11 Council Work Session #3
- Nov 1 Council Meeting – First Reading of the Budget Ordinance
- Nov 15 Council Meeting – Second Reading of the Budget Ordinance
Source: Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
September 14, 2022